- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water and spaghetti sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place flour in a small bowl. Combine the milk, egg and oil; whisk into flour just until blended.
- Pour meat mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Pour flour mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
1 each: 382 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.