- Yield:3 or 4
- 1 cup oats (Quaker old-fashioned, etc.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash each of cloves, nutmeg, and/or cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 pecan or walnut halves, chopped
- Butter or shortening
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a small casserole dish.
In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and other spices. Stir to mix. Add apples. Stir again and pour into casserole dish.
In a large glass measuring cup, slowly whisk milk, cider, and maple syrup together. Pour into oatmeal mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove, top with pecan bits, and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes to cool, and serve.