- 1/2 cup buttermilk, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour 1/4 cup buttermilk into a shallow bowl; add chicken. Turn to coat. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and remaining buttermilk. In a third bowl, combine cornflakes, onion powder, garlic salt, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Add chicken to flour and shake to coat. Dip floured chicken into egg mixture, then into cornflake mixture, turning to coat. Arrange chicken in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake until juices run clear, 15-18 minutes. In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves and mustard. Serve with chicken.
1 appetizer with 2 teaspoons sauce: 102 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.