- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add rib pieces; shake to coat. In a pressure cooker, brown meat on all sides in oil; drain. Combine the water, ketchup, chili powder and hot pepper sauce; pour over ribs. Add onion. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Skim fat from sauce if necessary and serve with ribs if desired.
1 each: 373 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.